Brian Chase (Yeah Yeah Yeahs) presents Drums and Drones: Decade, a 144 page book and triple album. This collection covers the first ten years of Drums and Drones, Brian's solo project which expands upon classic Minimalist and Sound Art practices. The project takes initial inspiration from La Monte Young and Marian Zazeela's legendary Dream House installation in NYC and applies many of its concepts to drums and electronics. Presentations of Drums and Drones have taken place nationally and internationally including those at Fridman Gallery's New Ear Festival (NYC), X Avant Festival (Toronto), Constellation (Chicago), Museum of Contemporary Art (Melbourne) and 24 Hour Drone Festival at Basilica (Hudson, NY).
Included in this package:
- three CDs with the albums Drums and Drones I (2013), Drums and Drones II: Ataraxia (2015), and Drums Drones III: Acoustic (2017)
- a download card for all of the music
- extensive liner notes detailing creative process, compositional methods and personal reflections with attention towards a notion of meditative listening
- many images of the project's collaboration with two leading NYC video artists
- an essay on Just Intonation, the tuning system that is the basis for this music
"ever-so-quietly groundbreaking" - mxdwn.com
Visit www.chaikinrecords.com/drums-and-drones for more info plus video, photos, and music.